One would think by just looking at the pictures that this is just your average Kiosk that you see everyday in you local malls, however this one is a little different. ?This particular Kiosk had to be designed with seismic design for the Westfield Shopping Centre in the heart of San Francisco. ?When taking on this project I have to say there was some?skepticism, however with determination and pride, we were able to complete the project on schedule.
The essence of successful seismic design is three-fold:
- First, the design team must take a multi-hazard approach towards design that accounts for the potential impacts of seismic forces as well as all the major hazards to which an area is vulnerable.
- Second, performance-based requirements, which may exceed the minimum life safety requirements of current seismic codes, must be established to respond appropriately to the threats and risks posed by natural hazards.
- Third, and as important as the others, because earthquake forces are dynamic and responds according to its own design complexity, it is essential that the design team work collaboratively and have a common understanding of the terms and methods used in the seismic design process, it is also important to figure out what equipment will be necessary. In this case, a steam generator was one of the main tools needed.
Westfield San Francisco Centre Showcases
The City’s Architectural Heritage du kan kolla h?r
Visitors from around the world who step into Westfield San Francisco?Centre marvel at its inspired design, effortless sophistication and world-class shopping,entertainment and dining. Located just two blocks from famed Union Square on San Francisco’s?Market Street, this iconic destination is located on the site of the historic former Emporium?Department Store, a structure built in 1896 and once hailed as the “Grandest Mercantile Building in?the World” with its signature Beaux-Art grand fa?ade and elegant glass dome.
This is what the customer had to say:
“I wanted to let everyone at New Tech Metals know that without your hard work, this would have just been another “cool sketch” that didn’t quite make it to the production line.? We truly could not have done it without you.? In fact, New Tech was the only company (out of about 15) to even consider the challenge. ?On behalf of everyone at RCS (who are completely blown away by this one of a kind fixture) thank you.”
In 2003 we as a family thought that bringing together our varied experiences; Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sales could be a unique opportunity to work together and continue to build upon something that would be available for generations. ? Often times there is a need to reach out to others involved in family businesses to share past or present experiences. ?Five years ago we found the ?Wisconsin Family Business Forum, which has been a great?resource and network with other family businesses in Wisconsin dessa detaljer.
- The mission of the Wisconsin Family Business Forum is?fostering healthy family businesses through learning, sharing and creating effective solutions regarding the critical issues and problems confronting family businesses.
- The Wisconsin Family Business Forum is a partnership. We are a community that shares values, experiences and commitment to family business. We come together, as partners: business owners, family members, non-family employees, business professionals and academics – to explore the challenges and rewards of family enterprise and to grow in our knowledge, skills and experience.
With the record breaking heat in the past couple weeks, and for those of you that have to endure such temperatures possibly underneath that welding helmet, or running that laser, or running that press, or maybe grinding and polishing. ?It is these types of temperatures that with?even a constant supply of Gatorade,?Popsicle’s, or Ice Cream doesn’t seem to help. ?The day seems to drag on, which leaves you wondering if the day will actually ever end. ?Even having your own personal fan bares very little relief, only pushing the warm air around, with little to no cooling?benefit meine erkl?rung. ?It is these type of extreme conditions and pride in getting the job done that never goes?unnoticed, and we?say thanks to all the hard-working, dedicated employees of New Tech Metals.
Over a year ago we were looking for ways to improve productivity in the office. ?Through one of our team building sessions the idea was proposed that we go to dual monitors for our designers. ?After reviewing the cost and the potential gains we went ahead and equipped our design department with dual monitors. ?After about a 6 month beta period we started noticing?significant gains in the day to day productivity. ?We then?decided to expand on this idea, and equip the entire office staff with this same set up. ?With a little bit of training and some acceptance of change this proved to be a win situation for New Tech Metals. ?Now, if you were to ask any one of our employee’s to go back to the single monitor, the look you would get would not be one of disappointment. ?In some of our latest team building sessions we have be discussing the fact of incorporating monitors out in the shop to potentially eliminate all paper in our process.
Here are five good reasons to have dual monitors:
- Published studies indicate that having a dual monitor in a workplace setting can increase productivity by 20 to 50 percent. For example, if you’re computer automated design, it should be obvious that having your source code on one side and your program on the other side of a dual monitor display would be very helpful.
- Real multi-tasking requires enough screen space to keep two or more apps in full view simultaneously. If you have ever tried to size and align windows on a single monitor, you’ll appreciate the ability to have several apps fully open at the same time. Customer service reps and cad/SolidWorks designers are additional examples of people that would benefit from dual monitors.
- Cutting and pasting between documents is much easier when you don’t have to alt-tab between them and scroll up or down so much. If you create newsletters or PowerPoint presentations, you’ll identify with this.
- Picture and video editing is a whole new experience with dual monitors. You can have all of your editing tools on one screen while you work on the project in the other. You can compare before and after views of the same work, or supersize panoramic pictures.
- Comparing products is easier when you have dual monitors.
Our Haeger 824 press has the ability to provide you with a totally unified solution for virtually any of your insertion challenges. ?We have vast inventory of ?PEM? brand fasteners which can be utilized in several different applications such as ?self-clinching, broaching, flaring, surface mount, or weld technology to provide strong, reusable, and permanent threads and mounting points in thin sheetmetal, P.C. board materials, and other ductile or?non-ductile thin material.
Passivation?is the process of treating or coating a metal in order to reduce the chemical reactivity of its surface.
Advantages of self-clinching fasteners:
- Provide strong threads in metal as thin as .020” / .51 mm.
- May be installed using any parallel acting squeezing force.
- Provide high push-out and torque-out resistance.
- Do not require special hole preparation, such as chamfering and deburring.
- Reverse side of metal sheet remains flush.
- No re-tapping necessary after application.
- Low installed costs.
They also have greater reliability and more holding power than extruded/tapped or stamped threads look at this. They are used chiefly where good pullout and torque loads are required in sheet metal that is too thin to provide secure fastening by any other method. Even if the sheet is thick enough to sustain tapping, it may actually be more economical to use self-clinching fasteners with gaugeable threads. They can be installed during fabrication to eliminate loose hardware during final assembly. In fact, the use of self-clinching fasteners often will allow the use of a thinner sheet. Because of their compact design and low profile, they provide for a neat appearance, too.