Job Posting Notice
In pursuit of our mission to deliver quality services to all of our valued customers, New Tech Metals is committed to hiring qualified, well-suited applicants for positions at your growing company.? It will always be our intention to first offer these opportunities to the fine individuals that are already part of the team.? We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and, as such, will not engage in employment practices that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, disability, age, or marital status.? Applicants will be assessed objectively based on knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for a position.? Criteria will include, but are not limited to:
- Training and Experience
- Supervisor / Management Assessments
- Interviews and Testing
Job Title: CNC Machinist
Reports To: Machining Supervisor
Exempt (Y/N): N
Summary: Produces machined parts by programming, setting up and operating a CNC machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Plans machining by studying work orders, prints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, reference plans, location of surfaces, and machining parameters, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Configure (Program) mills and lathes including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and proving part.
- Loads machine with work pieces
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces.
- Maintains specifications by observing operations; taking measurements detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; editing programs; replacing worn tooling; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Meets production goals in terms of cycle time, quantity, and Quality.
- Demonstrated ability to set up and run job with minimal supervision.
- Has control experience.
Education and or Experience
Two year Vocational / Technical School / certification / Apprenticeship program or 5 years machining experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.,
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, Common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate is occasionally required to sit. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.? Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The associate is required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment; such as safety shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
Should be conscientious, self-starting, and striving for excellence in all areas of the shop responsibilities.