Welding Carbon Steel on our Lincoln Power Wave Robotic?Welder w/Fanuc Controls.
With the continued growth in our aluminum welding, it was time to improve our cnc plasma cutters. ?After reviewing several different TIG welding machines, for us the answer was obvious, ?Miller’s Dynasty? 350. ?This machine not only has a compact power source capable of welding up to 5/8” aluminum, but it also has total arc control providing maximum productivity and weld quality while conserving energy compared to traditional welding machines. ?This technology will give us superior arc performance and control that set new standards for productivity and weld quality, while lowering the cost of operation.
In 2003 we as a family thought that bringing together our varied experiences; Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sales could be a unique opportunity to work together and continue to build upon something that would be available for generations. ? Often times there is a need to reach out to others involved in family businesses to share past or present experiences. ?Five years ago we found the ?Wisconsin Family Business Forum, which has been a great?resource and network with other family businesses in Wisconsin.
- The mission of the Wisconsin Family Business Forum is?fostering healthy family businesses through learning, sharing and creating effective solutions regarding the critical issues and problems confronting family businesses.
- The Wisconsin Family Business Forum is a partnership. We are a community that shares values, experiences and commitment to family business. We come together, as partners: business owners, family members, non-family employees, business professionals and academics – to explore the challenges and rewards of family enterprise and to grow in our knowledge, skills and experience.
Our Haeger 824 press has the ability to provide you with a totally unified solution for virtually any of your insertion challenges. ?We have vast inventory of ?PEM? brand fasteners which can be utilized in several different applications such as ?self-clinching, broaching, flaring, surface mount, or weld technology to provide strong, reusable, and permanent threads and mounting points in thin sheetmetal, P.C. board materials, and other ductile or?non-ductile thin material.
Passivation?is the process of treating or coating a metal in order to reduce the chemical reactivity of its surface.
Advantages of self-clinching fasteners:
- Provide strong threads in metal as thin as .020” / .51 mm.
- May be installed using any parallel acting squeezing force.
- Provide high push-out and torque-out resistance.
- Do not require special hole preparation, such as chamfering and deburring.
- Reverse side of metal sheet remains flush.
- No re-tapping necessary after application.
- Low installed costs.
They also have greater reliability and more holding power than extruded/tapped or stamped threads look at this. They are used chiefly where good pullout and torque loads are required in sheet metal that is too thin to provide secure fastening by any other method. Even if the sheet is thick enough to sustain tapping, it may actually be more economical to use self-clinching fasteners with gaugeable threads. They can be installed during fabrication to eliminate loose hardware during final assembly. In fact, the use of self-clinching fasteners often will allow the use of a thinner sheet. Because of their compact design and low profile, they provide for a neat appearance, too.